Alhamdulillah. One of the best years of my life goes to 2015! Achievements unlocked, established career, new friendships made, found love and happiness and having the best time of my life.
I started off 2015 by working as a full-time lawyer and a part time lecturer. Ever since I started volunteering for TUNZA in 2006, I always have a passion for children and the environment, I always wanna try to make a difference to the world, to Malaysia especially. Alhamdulillah, mid-2015, I received the most wonderful news at work, I managed to secure the Chevening scholarship, a UK Government scholarship to pursue my Masters. I found out that I am the first female law student from UiTM to secure this prestigious scholarship - mission accomplished!
19th September 2015 marked my farewell to Malaysia.. Family, friends and loved ones came to the airport to send me off.. It was one of the memorable day ever. I even had my (ex)bosses to send me off!! How blessed am I?
I made so many friends that become family here in London. Chevening has made my dream come true. It's like my Brunei life all over again, friends from Malaysia and all around the world. All praise to Allah! Special thanks to the alumnus and seniors, Noris, Afif, Qi Wen, Kak Maizan and Kak Fatin for your endless guidance and support before and until I am here! Alhamdulillah, Allah sent me the beautiful angels to help to ease my journey here.
Being here for 4 months has been a tough, challenging yet exciting adventure. I've learnt to cook so many dishes, I've learnt to be independent and to accept every mistake as a lesson in life and to be more optimistic about my failure. If there's one thing I will tell people out there what I have learn in 2015, is to NEVER GIVE UP because NOTHING WORTH HAVING COMES EASY.
Hence 2015,
two years of practicing lawyer
one year of part-time lecturer
secure Chevening Scholarship (UK Government Scholarship)
enrolled to top 100 university in the world
Met friends from around the world
pursuing my dream of doing Masters in Human Rights Law
Alhamdulillah 2015 is a year to be grateful for. 2016 is the year where I need to work extra hard to ensure that I get this Masters with a passing grade, to make sure that every prayers and support counts! Lets do this! Please don't stop praying for my health, success and wellbeing here. :) Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment